Solidworks is one of the popular and powerful 3D CAD programs in the world. Millions of people use it to design everything from 3D-printed toys all the way up to fully-working mechanical vehicles. Now you can join the rank of Solidworks users, and learn to create your own models completely from scratch!
Why this course is different
There are many Solidworks courses online, but none quite like this one:
- We use real-world examples during the learning! This allows you to relate to your lessons more easily and so remember and understand them better!
- Taught by a Solidworks professional! The instructor been using Solidworks since 2006 and even taken a range of official Solidworks-certified training courses. The instructor currently works as a Product Design Engineer and uses Solidworks every day to design all sorts of things for real clients – no academic-only experience here!
- No prior knowledge needed. This course is designed to take you from having never used any CAD program before being able to model almost anything you can imagine!
- Understand the wider context of CAD use. As well as explaining the basic CAD techniques this course also details how they relate to real-world uses, such as 3D Printing and injection molding.
About this course
This course includes:
- All sections contain additional resources such as downloadable models and drawings, made specially for the course.
- Increasing content over time. New exercises and videos are constantly being added.
- On-hand support. Have a question? We are always here to support any questions and take a look at your progress.
- No prior knowledge needed. We take you from complete beginner all the way to mastering Solidworks!
You will learn
Over the course of twelve detailed modelings, you’ll learn the entire range of Solidworks skills, including:
- Circuit board – Solidworks Basics, Sketching, Extrudes and Cuts
- Pencil – Multi-Body Parts, Revolved Boss/Base and Cuts
- Pencil Sharpener – Assemblies
- Headphones – Swept Boss/Base, Splines and 3D Sketches
- Coke Bottle – Swept Cuts, Helixes, and Threads
- Computer Mouse – Lofted Boss/Base and Splitting Parts
- Key Fob – Modelling from Photographs
- Lego Figure – More Complex Assemblies and Advanced Mates
- Drawer Box – Configurations and Drawings
- Raspberry Pi Enclosure – Importing Parts and Draft Angles
- Bicycle Fork – 3D Curves and Sweeps
- Gamepad Controller – Ribs and an Entire Recap of the Earlier Techniques
- Course Conclusion and Future Learning!
The techniques used are also common to many different CAD programs – so you can learn on Solidworks then easily transfer these skills if needed.
So sign up today, and begin your first steps in the exciting world of 3D modeling!